- Alto Cafe, a collection of mobile trucks in strategic sites selling surprisingly good Italian-style drinks.
- Australian-born Arnephy is the star barista at Cafe Lomi.
- Le Bal Cafe is an Anglo-style cafe in a recently opened exhibition space in the 18th arrondissement devoted to photography and film.
- At Bistro Volnay, in the 2nd arrondissement, the food, wine, service (and coffee) all meet the same high standards at a reasonable price.
- Sugarplum Cake Shop on rue du Cardinal Lemoine in the 5th arrondissement, dedicated to American-style cakes, has also chosen Lomi beans for its filtered coffee.
- Coutume Cafe has made a big splash in the otherwise sedate 7th arrondissement, in a high-ceilinged space, a cross between a Parisian apartment and a coffee laboratory, painted all in white except for walls that have been stripped. Coutume's owners buy the green beans directly from coffee-producing countries and roast them on the premises.
- KB Cafe Shop (formerly Kooka Boora) on the fashionable rue des Martyrs in the 9th arrondissement.
Monday, 18 June 2012
Good Coffee in Paris
In case Sips in the city becomes subscriber only, I've recorded their recommendations for good coffee in Paris: